Friday, July 28, 2006

The University of Advancing Technology

I'm a junior at the University of Advancing Technology. Right now I'm finishing up my third semester at UAT. I'm in the Multimedia college working toward a bachelor's in Game Design. I love it here; the university suits me perfectly.

I used to be interested in programming, but I decided on design instead of programming before I transferred to UAT. The specific parts of game design that I am most interested in are designing the rules of the game and writing. I also enjoy level design, although my experience is limited. I've made a few levels and a couple campaigns for Warcraft III and I did some scripting for an Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion level. I have no experience with 3-D modeling yet, though I plan to take some classes on it sooner or later.

Finals are coming up pretty soon, and schoolwork consumes the majority of my time. I'm also an editor for Error404 Press, the recently formed school paper. I absolutely love working on the paper. I also hope to either start or work on a game project within the next couple of semesters.

No comments: